In accordance with Government Regulations, Brooke’s Full Governing Body was re-constituted in May 2015 and now has thirteen governor roles. Governing Bodies are required to meet at least three times a year. Our Governing Body is made-up of different types of Governors:
- The Headteacher – (who has the choice annually to choose to be a governor or not.)
- Parent governors – three parents (elected by the parents) **Currently 2 vacancies**
- Staff governors – one (elected by the school staff).
- LA (Local Authority) governors – one, chosen to represent the wider community (elected by the local authority).
- Co-opted governors – five, chosen for their specific skill, knowledge or specialism (appointed by the governing body as required via recruitment). **Currently 4 vacancies**
- Foundation governors – two, as a Church of England school, the Diocese and the Parochial Church Council nominate and approve).
We currently hold two Full Governing Body (FGB) meetings each half-term where we focus on Resources, Premises & Health/Safety at the first meeting and Curriculum & Well Being at the second meeting. All governors are expected to attend. Our LA Governor, Mr Jeremy Chaplin, is currently the chair for these meetings.
At Brooke our Governing Body consists of:
Other important governance documents: