In accordance with Government Regulations, Brooke’s Full Governing Body was re-constituted in May 2015 and now has thirteen governor roles; eleven of which are currently in use (see below). Governing Bodies are required to meet at least three times a year. At Brooke our committees include the Full Governing Body, and three others: Premises, Health & Safety, Resources and finally, Curriculum & Well Being. Our Governing Body is made-up of different types of Governors:
- The Headteacher – (who has the choice annually to choose to be a governor or not.)
- Parent governors – three parents (elected by the parents).
- Staff governors – one (elected by the school staff).
- LA (Local Authority) governors – one, chosen to represent the wider community (elected by the local authority).
- Co-opted governors – five, chosen for their specific skill, knowledge or specialism (appointed by the governing body as required via recruitment).
- Foundation governors – two, as a Church of England school, the Diocese and the Parochial Church Council nominate and approve).
At Brooke our Governing Body consists of (click to see governor biography):